Friday, May 30, 2008

Having trouble getting started on YOUR first blog???

Blogging If this is your first time in the blogging world and you don't know where to start, here is a little bit of assistance (on the technical side):

When you go to the blog - http://aphi4ever.blogspot.com/ at the top of the screen on the right side you should see “Sign-In”. From there it will take you to the Blogger page and ask you to sign in using your Google account. If you don’t have one, then just click on “Sign-in” button and it will take you to another page which gives you the option again to “sign-in” or to CREATE a google account. I created my google account with my normal email as my username and a password that is pretty standard for me and easy to remember. Once you have a google account set up then you should be able to “sign-in” and post a blog onto this forum.

Once you write a blog there are options to download a photo into the post in several ways. You can transfer the picture into the blog using the download option OR you can find a photo you like on a service like http://www.photobucket.com/ and grab its code and paste it into the blog. When writing your blog, you also have the option of making the type different colors, inserting a hyperlink (which is a clickable word or image that will take you to another webpage or email), etc.

Please let me know if you have any problems. I will be hosting a How to Blog session at camp (for a small fee of course….LOL) and a I Use a Computer for Email and Stuff But Don’t Really Know Much Else crash course (just kidding!!!). You have to remember, I was a computer science major and this stuff just comes 2nd nature to me without really trying most of the time.

Call me or email if needed. I am happy to be of service!!

No comments: